Your bathroom is not simply a place where you bathe and groom yourself, it’s an important room in your house where you should feel comfortable and relaxed. A variety of upgrades can do a lot to transform your bathroom from a simple functional space into your own personal oasis. Installing a glass shower door for your shower and/or tub, for example, is a very simple change that gives a boost to both your bathroom’s beauty and functionality.
If you are considering installing a shower door for your bathroom, you need to choose a design that complements your bathroom’s style and appearance, while being able to stand up to daily use. When it comes to creating the perfect luxury shower, you have two things to consider: the door style/design and type of glass:
Shower doors are available in a variety of styles that determine their functionality and match your bathroom’s unique style.
- Bypass Doors: Bypass doors (also known as sliding doors) are made up of two or three panes of glass that slide past each other to open. Because of the way they open, these doors take up the least amount of space, making them perfect for smaller bathrooms. These doors can be used for a shower/tub combo, but they are most often installed on stand-alone showers.
- Neo-Angle: This shower door type features a unique shape, usually featuring three angles and panes of glass. This shape makes them a popular choice for smaller, stand-alone showers, often in an alcove or corner of the bathroom.
- Pivot: Like their name implies, pivot shower doors open outward from one side. Similar to neo-angle, pivot doors are ideal for small corner or alcove stand-alone showers that are not large enough to support bypass doors.
- Round doors: Round shower doors feature curved glass that opens inward. The shape of the glass provides more bathing space, making this door a great option to maximize the space of a smaller shower.
Customizing your shower enclosure doesn’t stop at choosing your door style. You can choose from a variety of glass styles to give your shower—and your bathroom—a gorgeous design.
- Clear glass: Tried and true, completely clear glass works well to brighten up your bathroom and show off the tile in your shower.
- Frosted glass: Frosted glass is semi-opaque glass that provides a little privacy while still being a very attractive choice for your shower.
- Rain glass: This type of glass features a texture on one side that is designed to look like rain. This design gives your shower an elegant, inviting appearance and provides some privacy too.
- Bubble glass: This fun, charming glass style has bubbles etched into the glass. This creates a unique texture and appearance for your bathroom.
Upgrade Your Bathroom With Ricky Can Build It!
Installing a shower door is a great way to give your bathroom a face lift. Ricky Can Build it, a custom bathroom renovation company in Northern Virginia, can help you design a beautiful shower door enclosure for your bathroom. Our renovation experts listen to your goals at every step of the bathroom remodel process to ensure you end up with the shower door of your dreams.
Are you looking to update your bathroom? Contact Ricky Can Build It online, or give us a call at (571) 512-5240.