Bathrooms are more important spaces than some people may think. Every part of your bathroom must look great and be functional to ensure that you can maintain your daily routine without fail. One element of the bathroom that you may not put much thought into is the bathroom sink.
Bathroom sinks are so crucial cleaning up and bathing, so why should you have a less-than-perfect sink? Ricky Can Build It’s renovation experts understand the challenge of choosing the best materials for your bathroom renovation, especially if you are unsure of what to look for. Here’s our guide to choosing the perfect bathroom sink:
If you’re struggling with making selections for your Northern Virginia bathroom renovation, the good news is that there are so many great styles to choose from!
- Pedestal sinks: Ideal for small bathrooms, pedestal sinks add elegance to just about any bathroom. What these sinks lack in counter space, they make up for in functionality and sleek design.
- Wall-hung sinks: Mounted to the bathroom wall, these sinks are another great choice for conserving precious space in a small bathroom. Wall-hung sinks also provide a unique, contemporary appearance, fitting in nicely with a modern-style bathroom.
- Drop Sinks: These sinks are installed above the countertop, usually with a rim sitting on top of the counter. These can create a visually appealing contrast between sink and counter.
- Undermount Sinks: As the name implies, these sinks are installed underneath the countertop, and a hole is cut in the countertop to reveal the sink. These sinks can create a more seamless appearance between sink and counter, perfect for those looking to blend the two.
In addition to sink style, the materials of your sink make all the difference in both functionality and design:
- Porcelain: A common, classic choice, porcelain appears very sleek and smooth, making them a nice visually appealing addition. Common in pedestal sinks, porcelain can also be used for just about any sink style.
- Stainless steel: Providing a bit of an industrial feel, stainless steel sinks are very reliable and durable.
- Copper: With a beautiful red or bronze-like hue, copper sinks provide a unique aesthetic in a bathroom. Often used in drop or undermount sinks, copper is a trustworthy material choice. However, copper sinks may require special cleaning products to prevent damage over time.
- Glass: Although not as common as these other material choices, glass sinks are still a beautiful option. These sinks are easy to clean and crack-resistant.
Choose the Perfect Bathroom Sink With Ricky Can Build It!
Ricky Can Build It offers expert bathroom renovation in Northern Virginia. Our knowledgeable renovation team can help you choose every detail of your new bathroom, including your sink. We’ll help you make material selections that not only look great but stand up to you and your family’s daily needs. With years of combined experience, you can trust us to deliver high-quality work and superior customer service at every step of the way.
You want to bring a gorgeous bathroom to life. We can make it happen. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.