Kitchen sinks come in an array of shapes, materials, and sizes. Kitchen renovation in Northern VA can be overwhelming, especially since there are so many options for remodeling. For homeowners who would like to remodel their kitchen, one of the first steps they should take is deciding the kind of kitchen sink they’d like. Below are some common kitchen sinks to choose from:
Kitchen Sink Materials
- Cast Iron: Cast iron sinks have been very popular for quite some time. This material is one of the oldest materials used to build kitchen sinks. This material is very tough and is more stain- and scratch-resistant than some other sink materials, as it is finished with porcelain enamel. However, although the porcelain enamel finish is more resistant to wear and tear, it is also more likely to fade, show water spots, and get dirty.
- Granite Composite: These sinks are made by combining a resin filler with granite or quartz. This kind of sink doesn’t have the same issues with maintenance as other granite items might. However, it does boast some of the same aesthetic qualities that many like in granite items. Some homeowners say granite composite sinks are arguably the most durable kind of sinks.
- Fireclay: Fireclay sinks are a mixture of molded clay and porcelain enamel. These sinks usually come in the “farmhouse” style. They are more prone to chipping and wear and tear than other sinks. They are also veer towards the expensive side. Therefore, this type of sink may not be the best choice for some Northern VA kitchen renovation However, they do create a timeless and elegant look that some homeowners love for their kitchen.
- Stainless steel: Stainless steel sinks are one of the most popular kinds of sinks for kitchen renovation in Northern VA. Many people choose these sinks for their durability. Furthermore, many find this type of sink to be very cost-effective. Stainless steel is more resistant to heat and some stains than other materials but can be less resistant to scratches and water spot.
Kitchen Sink Designs
- Farmhouse Sinks: Farmhouse sinks have a rustic, timeless look. These sinks are characterized by the forward-facing part of the sink that replaces part of the countertop. Although a popular choice for more quaint, timeless kitchens, these sinks can be made to appeal to modern kitchens as well. These sinks can be more expensive to install, however.
- Single Bowl Sinks: Aptly named, this sink style has one basin. It is ideal for homeowners looking to conserve space in their kitchen during their Northern VA kitchen renovation project.
- Double Bowl Sinks: This sink style is most common in modern kitchens. It has two basins, making it ideal for flexibility and convenience.
- Undermount: This kind of sink is mounted underneath the countertop. It provides convenience for cleaning, as residue can quickly build up in the sink. However, undermount sinks can be more expensive to install than top mount sinks.
- Top Mount Sinks: These sinks are less expensive than undermount sinks and arguably easier to install. They are popular with DIY projects. However, they can get often get dirtier than undermount sinks.
Start Your Northern VA Kitchen Renovation Today!
Ricky Can Build It is a Northern VA home renovation company well-versed in kitchen remodeling. The professionals at Ricky Can Build It are the Northern VA kitchen renovation experts. We offer an array of kitchen remodeling services and do not use subcontractor services, so you can be sure you receive the highest quality work. We 100% guarantee all of our work and offer a 1-year labor warranty.
Begin building your dream kitchen today. Use our contact form or call us at (571) 512-5240 today!